Thursday 16 April 2009

Have you got your sunglasses on?


Are you ready for your eyes to be dazzled? I have been on a bag making frenzy (!) and I used fabrics that I happened to have around and some of them are pretty bright. I have been trying to experiment with different styles of bags and I think I know the ones that I will be making again and also the ones that, ahem, I will put down to experience.


I was also lucky enough to win a giveaway from Pink and Barbara this was a beautiful stitchery pattern and a drawstring bag. I had already purchased a basket pattern from Barbara and it is perfect for all those unfinished block of the month patterns and fabrics that I have yet to catch up on. Thank you Barbara.


Speaking of unfinished Block of the Month patterns, you will be glad to know that I seem to be stock piling them for future enjoyment or possibly the torment of having to look at so many unfinished projects. Its not that I dont want to finish them but I have this huge obstacle in my life that restricts the amount of time I have to be creative. This huge obstacle is called 'my job', I do enjoy my job and my work colleagues are some of the best I've ever worked with, and I need the money to buy yet more fabric but if they would just send me my wages and leave me at home to sew and create I would be a very happy bunny!!! LOL

I have just finished my Spring Swap gift for my Ebay group Crows and Roses so I hope my swap partner enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it (I can't post a picture until my partner receives it). It also means that something really lovely will hopefully be making its way to me soon as well. I love these swaps with this group as they really are the most supportive, creative and friendly people that you could ever wish to meet, I count myself very lucky to be a member.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful bags, and so bright and eye catching. I really need to be a bit more adventurous like you. xxx

Just for you . . . said...

Hi Stephanie!

get posting the picky of the gorgeous bag that I received today . . . it is gorgeous, and 'sew' beautifully made - thanks a million sweetie!

Lisa
xx