Wednesday 6 January 2010

2010

I can hardly believe it is 2010!

2009, at times, seemed to be never ending and at the same time it was gone in a flash. Looking back at 2009, it was a pretty good year, nothing too dramatic or traumatic (that I can remember) but lots of pleasurable memories and many new friends made.

One of the last swaps I took part in was the Crows and Roses Seasonal Swap. This Christmas I was making a special swap for Lisa. After many hours of 'What can I possibly make this talented lady? and then changing my mind half way through (why do I do that? lol). So eventually I made it through to completion and I finally made the decision to make Lisa a prim penguin postie and a homespun fabric tree. I really enjoyed making these and I hope Lisa enjoyed them too.



Within the same swap I was lucky to enough to have Debbie make a Christmas swap for me, and as I expected, I was not disappointed.



Debbie is a talented candle maker and made me a tray of wax melts in a gorgeous scent of 'Butter Cookies' - they smell good enough to eat! A beautiful pair of Pixie Boots, they look gorgeous sitting by my fire and two gorgeous Christmas tree ornaments which I promptly hung on my tree.




I feel very privileged to be a part of this talented group of artists and crafters, and I hope our little group of friends carries on for many years to come.

1 comment:

Micki said...

It looks like you were involved in a fun swap. I was enjoying reading your blog and thanks for following mine.
It is hard to believe that it is 2010 already. The year flew by!
Micki