Sunday 21 March 2010

A Big Thank You, an Award and an Apron .........

I have two people that I would like to thank this week. The first is for the 'Sunshine Blog Award' awarded to me by Jenny at Winnibriggs House. Please pop over and visit her blog its really great and very inspiring (plus I want her gorgeous little house on her blog banner!). Sorry this is a little late Jenny please know that I really appreciate it - thank you :)



The other was a surprise email from a talented jewellery maker on Folksy. She very kindly chose me (or rather my paisley coasters!) to feature in her Folksy Friday on her blog. Go have a look at the other paisley items she has selected and also have a look at her gorgeous jewellery shop Blue Forest Jewellery, she is very talented.



In keeping with the last few weeks I have sewn up another pattern that has been sitting in my pattern stash for a while it is the Hostess Apron by Fabric Boutique, its a PDF pattern so you get it really quickly!. I just loved the fabrics she has used in her tutorials and felt very inspired to make something similar.

I used Olive Rose fabric from Valori Wells, I have been saving this in my stash for a great pattern so I thought I would use it for this apron. I know it is bright but I just love the combination of the brown and the blue together. The only difference to the pattern is that I didn't put on the pockets as I didn't want to cover up those gorgeous roses. She explains a clever way to enclose all of those raw edges and it works really well! It is a really great pattern to sew up, and the instructions were clear and well explained and I love the front tying bow - yummy!

No comments: