Thursday 29 December 2011

How are you?

I hope everyone had a great time over the festive period - I know I did. A great time for families to get together, eat too much, not do too much!, do lots, a bit of sickness too and of course squeeze in some crafting. 


I have sewn so many things coming up to Christmas but I didn't get any photos, purely because I couldn't find my memory card for my camera, but it has been relocated now - thankfully, so sorry no photos of pre Christmas :(



I made some patchwork Christmas table runners for some good friends (again no photos!) and really wanted one myself so I sewed up an extremely quick one but I am happy with it, so I guess that is what counts. 


One other thing I have always wanted is a tree skirt. I know that there are plenty around in the shops but I really wanted one, sewn by me. The pattern is from here (unfortunately her store is closed until 31st December).



The fabric I used came from a fat quarter selection that I had bought in October (yes I have been planning it all that time) called Isabelle by Anna Griffin.  I bought some but not all of the range and also used this range for my table runner too.

I love it.  It looks so great under the Christmas tree (PS I only got the tree skirt  finished late on 28th December ahem - lol), who cares I'm now all set for Christmas 2012  :0))

I have so many UFO's that I am determined to get finished this year and I am now making a pledge not to buy any more fabric until I use what I have in my stash already ( unless of course the fabric is so cool that I have to buy some and also if it is areally good price, because that would be just plain silly not to buy some - right !!!!).

Hope you have all enjoyed the holiday season.

Warmest wishes











No comments: