Thursday 22 March 2012

New Bag

I tried a new bag pattern for my sister's birthday, it was at the beginning of the month, yes I was late getting it to her - thats families for you :o)

She likes brown and green so I immediately thought about this Amy Butler brown fabric and used some bright green for the bottom accent. 
 I then used a pink zip and some pink and white checked fabric to use as a contrast lining.  
Unlike me, who likes to carry the kitchen sink about, she prefers a smaller bag and I hope this will work for her and that she likes it.


The lining is a 'square dot' on a brown background and I used the pink check for an inside pocket with a magnetic snap for closing (I didn't use a zip for closing as I didn't have one to hand that was long enough)



PS I am thinking maybe I should make a bag or two from this pattern for my website - what do you think?

1 comment:

Handbags by Helen said...

That green and brown fabric is lovely!