Tuesday 27 October 2009

Safely Delivered .......

I am so pleased to say that my two latest swap gifts have survived their travels with Royal Mail and the strikes.

The first one delivered was to my lovely friend Kaz from Crows and Roses. Now this swap was to have an Autumnal theme, whoops sorry, I didn't really follow that rule bit! The fabric I chose simply said 'use me!' how could I not - and I love it! The bag is made from a pattern by Keykalou and I must say I did enjoy sewing it up. I love poppies anyway and I hope that Kaz does too! I also included a mini witches hat as it is almost Hallowe'en, I hope that makes up for my lack of Autumnal influences with the bag.




In return I received from Kaz a most fabulous Autumn gift, I cannot believe how perfect the colours are for my room, I couldn't have picked better myself. I have them sitting on my mantlepiece and I think that I will probably keep them out all year (I'm one of those awful people that doesn't care what time of the year it is, if I like something then its on display all year round - psst don't tell anyone lol). Along with the lovely boxes she also made me a beautiful heart shaped needle case - perfect for me and in my favourite shape, hearts ! THANK YOU KAZ!



My next delivery was an international one all the way to America. I can't believe how quickly it arrived, just one week to the day that I posted it. I have had to wait for post from England longer than that! It was to Ruth who was my receiving partner in the Secret Stitching Angel Swap. I always worry that things can go missing in the post but I can now relax they are all in the right place with the right people. I enjoyed being your partner Ruth, thank you.

Speaking of swaps! I have just signed up for another international swap for a Handmade Christmas Tree Ornament Swap over at Daisy Quilts. This is a lovely one to take part in, you have to make a 5" handmade Christmas Tree ornament and a Christmas card. The sign up deadline isn't until 1 November so you still have time to sign up is you would like to join in.



Also thank you to all those sympathetic people who have had troubles with scissors, I don't feel so alone! I have now purchased a lovely new shiny and sharp pair of scissors, and they are hidden away lol!

1 comment:

MelMel said...

What a perfect swap for this time of year...I love the bag...wonderful!x