Friday 19 February 2010

Modern Accents Bag

I have had this pattern for a while now. I have previously made a bag from the pattern but unfortunately it was during one of my sewing machine glitches period and the stitching was so wonky, to say the least!

The fabric that I used, this time, was fabric that I had won from Buttonberry whenever I was taking part in one of their super Block of the Months. It was Joel Dewberry's Deer Valley and is in the most gorgeous colours and designs. It came together really quite quickly I actually think that the longest and hardest part was choosing which fabric to use.

Well here it, is the Modern Accents finished bag, I must say I just love it and I have had some really nice comments whenever I have carried it.






If you are looking for a super pattern with clear photos and instructions then you should take a look at Sweet Pea Totes. I definitely recommend her patterns and if you don't sew then she has gorgeous bags for you to buy and admire.

I know that there are so many fabulous designers out there, and I have many of their patterns, so I thought it may be a fun idea to sew some of these patterns up and let you know how I got on and to show you the end result.

Just before you go I wanted to tell you all about a super giveaway on Preferably Prim pop over take a look at the lovely goodies you could win, its also a beautiful blog to read.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Clare Mansell said...

I'm so excited to see Deer Valley on your blog. I have just ordered a load of it to make a quilt for my mum and dad (the first one I've made for them) I'm really hoping the colours match their house!

Christine said...

Aww, thanks for the sweet mention, Stephanie.
So glad to see you enter!
I can see why you receive lots of compliments on your lovely bag!