Saturday 8 January 2011

Yes Please ...................................

I want to join in.

I love an online sew-along! 

And quite often more than one at a time!

So, I have signed up for the following super duper can't be missed sewalongs ...........


This is a fabulous sew-along, from a really great designer, and you get to sew a bag that converts from a shoulder bag to a back pack - pretty neat? 



To get the pattern please go to Sew Spoiled Etsy Shop to buy the pattern, you get 20% if you visit her blog first for the special discount code. 

I just need to decide on the right fabric.

The other sew-along is for a quilt - yikes a whole quilt!  I am hoping that by doing the sew-along I will actually get this finished.

This is the Postage Stamp Quilt (gosh that makes it sound really tiny doesn't it?)

This is how the finished quilt should look.

I think I have decided on the fabric, this quilt uses 2 x jelly rolls.

Check out the website with all of the details here.  There is also a special code to get discounts off your jelly rolls if you buy them from the Fat Quarter Shop, all the details are on her blog.

Have I tempted you yet?  These sew-alongs are always great fun and they both have Flickr groups set up so you can see what everyone else is up to.  What I especially like about these groups is that there are always a great range of people and skills and nearly always someone else asks the questions that I am thinking of but usually I am too shy to ask it.  

I will take photos if I make a decision tomorrow of the fabrics I am going to use.

Why not join in, and don't forget at the end you will have a fab bag or quilt or both and you will have had fun and made new international online friends - what have yo got to lose?


No comments: