Saturday 4 June 2011

Dress a Girl Around the World

I was doing my usual wandering around the internet and came across this charity (via the Sew Scrumptious Blog) who are asking people to sew up a simple pillowcase dress (full pattern and colour photograph tutorial included)  to send  to little girls around the world.

I immediately felt that I could sew up a few dresses.  I haven't made any dresses before (I have 2 sons so never really had the opportunity) but I have been assured they are very simple to do.


The link to the pattern and tutorial is HERE

The UK blogger 'Sew Scrumptious' who is coordinating for the UK can be found HERE

If you feel that you would like to take part and make a little girl/s very happy you can contact

I think there is a completion date of end of May or June so you still have time to sew at least one if you wish.

This is the main site for dress a girl around the world.

I have a couple of dresses cut out to sew up soon, I hope they make a few girls feel a little happier.


2 comments:

Vivika said...

Oh such a nice project! I hope that I'll manage to do one! I haven't sew a dress before either!

Sew Scrumptious said...

Thank you so much for your beautiful dresses and card and also for the lovely mention on your blog. I really appreciate your support. The dresses are gorgeous! I will take some photos and get them up on my blog later. Your dresses will hopefully be off to Kenya in the next couple of months! Thanks again. Louise x