Thursday 15 September 2011

Sweet Harmony

 
I was given this pattern as a present and was really late about sewing it up.  I had the fabric that I knew I wanted to use so this post on the Sew Sweetness blog really spurred me on.  This is great blog to read, so many sewing tips and techniques explained so that even I can understand them go have a look.


I used the Sweet Harmony pattern by Amy Butler using bliss bouquet fabric in emerald for the outside and inner pockets, lining fabric sunspots in grass also Amy Butler (regular readers of this blog will not be surprised by me using Amy's fabrics and patterns - love them !)

This is lovely pattern to sew and I am so happy with the fabric choices.  
I can see this brightening up many an outfit.

It sits very comfortably on my shoulder and is big enough, without being enormous as many of Amy's patterns are, to carry everything around that I need.

This is the finished bag (sorry too late in the day to take a photo, the light is not good).
There is also a little mobile phone holder inside the outer pocket.


Love this as I dont have to rummage around in my bag to find my phone.


This is a close up of the side of the bags showing the handle details.


 As well as the two outside pockets, and the mobile phone pocket, there are 4 inside pockets with an option in the pattern for a zippered pocket.  I know some people like zippered pockets but I prefer to see exactly what is in my bag rather than having to check zippered pockets - guess I'm just lazy lol

These are some of the other bags in the Amy Butler Sew-along here take a look you cant fail to be inspired.




No comments: